Best practices for emergency situations:
- Pets gets freaked out during a crisis, bring them inside asap.
- Keep an emergency kit for humans and pets as close as possible to an exit.
- Make sure everyone in the family knows where where the emergency kit, supplies and travel carriers are.
- Pack at least a week's worth of food for humans and pets, including lots of water, dry food and wet food.
- Pack disposable litter trays and bags.
- Pack feeding dishes and bowls.
- Take photocopies of pet’s medical records (or easily accessible on phone/laptop).
- Take photos of pets in case they get lost.
- Pack chew toys.