When your dog is exposed to THC, the gut absorbs it and stores it in bile. Bile is a fluid made by the liver. When your furry soulmate eats his next meal, the THC-loaded bile is secreted into the intestines. This re-exposes your dog and is very dangerous.
Here's how your dog can be exposed to THC:
- Inhaling secondhand smoke
- Swallowing parts of the cannabis plant (buds, leaves, or stems)
- Eating marijuana-infused edibles and baked goods like brownies or cookies
- Licking or eating THC oil or butter
- Eating poop after someone has digested marijuana
PLEASE be very very careful NOT to let your dog be exposed to THC!